Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wishing Everyone a Good Memorial Day

I am a day late in posting but that's alright. I ended up working yesterday and didn't have time to do a post before that since I had to write a paper. It seems kind of dumb to say happy with memorial day, its a day of memory and thankfulness to our people in the military. I want to thank every single person who is either currently active duty, reserve or veteran. Thank you so much for doing everything you do, even if you didn't get deployed you still serve our country. I would also like to thank all the family members that support their service member.
Chris, my husband, just recently completed his contract with the Marine Corps so we are still getting use to the civilian life. He did 2 tours in Afghanistan, so I know full and well what goes on state side with a loved one being gone for over half a year. This last time he did get injured, he took shrapnel and hit 5 different IEDs. On his third IED however, he got a concussion and got a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). He still has yet to be treated for it. I will go into that some other day but for right now I will leave it at that. I know that no one can physically see his injury but it is there. I am just so thankful that he made it back to me twice! He has sacrificed so much for our country, for me and definitely the rest of his family. I don't know how it feels to have a brother or a son to be deployed. But I do know how hard it is to have the person I love the most to be in danger every day and not be able to talk to him for days and even weeks. It is very hard, and not many people can go through deployments and make it through them and support their loved one the whole time. I am a proud marine wife and will always be.

Semper Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek at my blog, feel free to leave a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and definitely like feedback. Have a fantastic day, and thank you for visiting my lovely blog. <3 Meggerz :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...